1APPOINTMENT WITH SCIENTIFIC MANAGER
- Discussing family’s concerns and requests.
- Planning assessments and intervention.
- Visiting the facilities.
2EVALUATION FROM THE MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TEAM ACCORDING TO CHILD’S PROFILE AND NEEDS.
Occupational Therapy Department:
The child is evaluated in how independent and functional is in his everyday life in the following areas of occupation:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) (taking care of self and others)
- Social Participation
- Sleep and Rest
Speech and Language Therapy Department:
Speech and language therapists evaluate and strengthen language, oral and communication skills in children and adults who face corresponding difficulties.
The child is evaluated in the following:
- Social – emotional development.
- Cognitive processing (flexibility of thinking, drawing conclusions, Theory of Mind, executive functions, critical thinking, problem solving).
- Behavior and Organization.
- Symbolic play.
- Self – esteem and self-knowledge.
Special Education Department:
Special education refers to the evaluation and intervention program in children with learning disabilities, which is adapted to the child’s needs.
The child is evaluated in:
- Reading skills
- Reading comprehension
- Copying skills
- Spelling (thematic, end of the word and high frequency words)
- Writing skills
Special Education is recommended to children with:
- Specific LEARNING Disabilities (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia and spelling difficulties).
- General Learning Disabilities (immaturity in various skills).
Psychotherapy – Counseling Department:
In psychotherapy, children and teenagers are evaluated based upon:
- Detailed child history, taken from parents.
- Discussion with the child, which is the starting point for identifying difficulties and the first step of intervention.
- Symbolic play, which reveals quality characteristics of the child, of the relationships he has developed with significant others and the difficulties the child faces.
- Drawing, constructive play, crafts and stories that are created with therapeutic guidance.
3ΕXAMINING CHILD’S SKILLS AND DIFFICULTIES
- Setting functional goals.
- Planning the individual therapeutic program.